1) People are very active on social media
2) Social media generates enormous amount of data
Making sense of the big data by processing and analyzing them has been one of the biggest revolutions of the century. One such achievement is the role social networking sites plays in society during a crisis. During such times Twitter and other social media networks provide an instant view of conditions on the ground.
Broadly social media is used in 4 ways during a disaster:
- Sharing information and spreading awareness.
- For relief operations: Eg: building communities, volunteering etc.
- For collecting funds
- Monitoring and providing insights to the whole situation.
Continue reading on Simplify360’s blog.
Disclaimer: The above content is owned by Simplify360. This is only a re-share, I am not claiming any rights.